The Ribes Roges beach takes its name from the town gardens to be found in the Ribes Roges neighbourhood from the beginning of the 20th century with Modernist and Noucentista styles. The beach is situated in the Ribes Roges residential seafront area and is a long, flat beach with fine sand. At its north end end you can find the marine sports zone while at the other extreme we have the walkway breakwater with the majestic sculpture of Pasiphae, separating the Ribes Roges beach and the Adarró beach right at the end. It is around 1km in length, 150m wide with a total surface area of approximately 135,000m2.
Between the Ribes Roges beach, the promenade and Passeig del Carme, you will find the Ribes Roges park: a pleasant green area with trees and grass, where you can play basketball and football, petanca and table tennis. And also areas for children to play in, a miniature train station, xiringuitos beach bars Holalà and Tsunami, and the Tourist Office.
On the seafront area there are paying parking places (blue zone).
The beach complies with quality and service requirements with certificates: BLUE FLAG, BIOSPHERE and ECOPLAYAS
During the bathing season from May 1st to 30th September:
- No dogs or other animals allowed on beach area
- Night fishing is permitted between the hours of 9pm and 8am
Life saving and rescue services with a first aid hut and two lifeguard and rescue huts during the bathing season:
During the bathing season the beach also has:
- Xiringuitos beach bars Ibiza Chiringuito Playeros and Habana Blue, bar service up to 30th setembre
- Sports areas for volleyball and beach football
- Special zone for paddle boats, kayaks, boards etc marked by buoys
- Physical conditioning tour
- Beach loungers, umbrellas, etc.
- Toilet and changing areas suitable for disabled user 1st May to 11th September
- Public showers and foot showers
Beach area is cleaned daily, information signs, megaphone, rubbish bins, sea safety flags, water quality control and amphibious beach chairs (contact to reserve 660779628).