The Republic beach can be found at the foot of Sant Gervasi mount, site of the Baroque style Sant Gervasi hermitage and where there was a fort at the end of the 18th century to defend the coastline. This fort was knocked down and at the beginning of the 20th century the stately Xalet de Miramar was built. This is popularly known as the Xalet del Nin and likely to be part of a future privileged development.
La República is situated in a residencial seafront and s a long, flat beach with fine sand. At its north end with the Adarró beach and the Sant Gervasi beach right at the end. It is around 140 m in length, 40 m wide with a total surface area of approximately 5,000 m².
The beach is accessible on foot, vehicles, bus or tourist train during the summer season. The seafront promenade has controlled parking zones and special parking areas for disabled users (blue zones).
During the bathing season from May 1st to 30th September:
- No dogs or other animals allowed on beach area
- Night fishing is permitted between the hours of 9 pm and 8 am
On the beach itself there are no real public services although these can be found nearby at the Adarró beach.
Life saving and rescue services with a first aid hut and two lifeguard and rescue huts (Ribes Roges beach), during the bathing season
During the bathing season the beach also has services in Adarró beach:
- Xiringuito beach bar Zero by hola, bar service up to 30th setember
- Sports areas for volleyball and beach football
- Beach loungers, parasols and sunshade
- Toilet and changing areas suitable for disabled users
- Public showers and foot showers
Beach area is cleaned daily, information signs, megaphone, rubbish bins, sea safety flags and water quality control and amphibious beach chairs (contact to reserve 698945215).
- Location and ratings on Google Maps
- All the beaches ratings on Google Maps
- Rating on TripAdvisor
- Bathing water quality
- Swimming area profile
- Beaches viewer